Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Get to Know New PDP Intern Marissa Ghantous

Hello! My name is Marissa Ghantous and I am happy to be a new Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership Marketing Intern! I was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania; a small town about 60 miles east of Pittsburgh. I am currently a senior at the University of Pittsburgh in Oakland, just a short bus ride away from the PDP office. I am majoring in Media and Professional Communications with a minor in Corporate and Community Relations. I learned about PDP through Pitt’s career services when I was looking for possible internships for the summer. I was so drawn to PDP because of all the work it does to help the Downtown Pittsburgh community grow and thrive, and I knew that I wanted to be a part of that effort too. Not to mention all of the amazing opportunities that come with working at PDP, like getting exposure to many downtown businesses and participating in events like Light Up Night and the Peoples Gas Holiday Market. 

Coming from such a small town, I appreciate all the opportunities, entertainment and other happenings Pittsburgh has to offer, especially the unique shopping and great places to eat. Growing up, I was lucky to have parents who brought me to Downtown Pittsburgh many times a year, and for me, summer means Pirates games; ball park hot dogs, and the excitement of raising the Jolly Roger on winning nights. Ice skating at PPG Place is one of my favorite activities to do in the winter with the giant, beautiful Christmas tree in the center illuminating the rosy cheeks of the skaters circling the rink. But perhaps what I love most about Pittsburgh is that even though it is a well-developed and busy urban atmosphere, it is warm, welcoming, clean, and friendly—it feels like home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment